2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity
Griffin drivers looking for a truck that can put in the long hours at their jobsite know they can rely on the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity and performance. Thanks to a maximum capacity of 13,400 pounds towing, alongside a substantial payload capacity of 2,250 pounds, the new Chevrolet Silverado wields immense strength for any task around McDonough and beyond.
Great additional features like the towing mirrors for Chevy Silverado bring unparalleled access to the best version of your next truck. Read on with the Volume Chevrolet experts to see how the Chevy Silverado can upgrade your trips.
The Engines that Bring You the Highest Chevy Silverado Towing Capacity
Depending on your needs, the 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 towing capacity brings a dynamic range to your work and weekend adventures around Griffin. The 5 powerful engines engineered with precision and well-timed power are outlined below:
- 2.7L Turbo Engine: This standard powerhouse yields up to 310 hp and 348 lb-ft of torque. This power gives the Silverado 1500 a towing capacity of up to 7,000 pounds.
- 4.3L V6 Engine: This engine produces 285 hp and a best-in-class 305 lb-ft of torque. Its towing capacity is 7,900 pounds.
- 5.3L V8 Engine: When equipped with this particular option, the Chevy Silverado 1500 offers 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque. Here towing capacity elevates to 11,600 pounds.
- 6.2L V8 Engine: Thanks to this roaring engine, the Chevy Silverado 1500 towing capacity reaches its maximum of 13,400 pounds (on the RST trim). Additionally, this V8 generates an impressive 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.0L V6 Turbo-Diesel: This powerful diesel option allows a towing up to 9,400 pounds, which comes with 460 lb-ft of torque and 260 hp.
Chevy Silverado Towing Features
Those with significant towing experience know how essential the systems are that keep performance and safety at the fore of any drive. Whether it’s optional towing mirrors for the Chevy Silverado trucks or revised shock tuning, Silverado 1500 drivers will have plenty of amenities to choose from to personalize their towing and payload experience:
- Trailering Package: The standard for the Chevy Silverado 1500 includes an automatic locking rear differential, a trailering hitch platform and 2-inch receiver, a 4-pin connector, and a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector.
- Optional Max Trailering Package: Available for select trims, this package adds the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, revised shock tuning, upgraded rear springs, and more.
- Optional Tow Mirrors: You can purchase extended view towing mirrors for Chevy Silverado 1500 or trucks as accessories for safer towing around McDonough.
While much of the best equipment comes standard on the new Chevy Silverado 1500, there are plenty of ways to customize your truck for any task and lifestyle. To make room in your budget for the features you want, be sure to take advantage of our new vehicle specials and offers.
Explore the Chevy Trucks at Volume Chevrolet
If you’re interested in how your Silverado fairs against its competition, explore some of our comparisons, like the Chevy Silverado 1500 vs. RAM 1500. Or, simply stop by Forsyth to discover how the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity can fit your needs when you take a test drive today. You can chat with one of our Volume Chevrolet finance specialists to find the right deal for you, or you can even start your application today!