How Much Can a Silverado 2500 Tow?
Need a new work truck that can pull your boat or ATV on trips out of Griffin? Check out the 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD. How much can a Silverado 2500 tow? The 2021 Chevy Silverado 2500 towing capacity reaches an impressive maximum of 18,500 pounds when properly equipped, enough for anything you can throw at it. Keep reading and learn more from Volume Chevrolet about what the Chevy Silverado 2500 towing capacity can do for you. If you have any questions, contact us.
The Source of The 2021 Chevy Silverado 2500 Towing Capacity
If you want a dependable truck that can get any McDonough job done, you need one with a high-performance engine. The 2021 Chevy Silverado 2500 engines are the source of its remarkable towing capacity:
Chevy Silverado 2500 Towing Capacity: 6.6L V8 Gas Engine:
- 14,500-pound maximum towing capacity when you opt for the 2021 Silverado 2500 HD Regular Cab Long Bed 2WD with 17-inch wheels and optional gooseneck hitch or fifth-wheel.
- Delivers 401 hp and 464 lb-ft of torque
- Six-speed automatic transmission
Chevy Silverado 2500 Towing Capacity: Duramax 6.6L Turbo-Diesel V8 Engine:
- The Silverado 2500 diesel engine delivers a maximum towing capacity of an astounding 18,500 pounds on well-equipped configurations.
- This engine generates 445 hp and 910 lb-ft of torque.
- The optional Allison® 10-speed automatic transmission allows for such impressive torque that the Silverado 2500 can tow its full capacity in first gear.
Chevy Silverado 2500 Towing Features
The powerful engines and smooth transmissions of the Silverado 2500 aren’t the only things making the Chevy Silverado towing capacity possible. The 2021 Chevy Silverado 2500 payloads are also among the top in its class, and Forsyth drivers get access to top-of-the-line towing features that enhance safety and convenience when towing. When you opt for The Advanced Trailering System, you get the following features:
Customizable trailer profiles:
- Trailer security alerts
- Trailer maintenance reminders
- Tow/haul reminder
- Trailer mileage
- Trailer tire pressure monitoring alert
- Trailer electrical diagnostics
- Pre-departure checklist
Other tow-friendly options include:
- StabiliTrak with Trailer Sway Control and Proactive Rollover Avoidance
- Hill Start Assist and Hill Descent Control
- New Park Grade Hold Assist
- Auto Park Brake Assist
Try the 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 For Yourself at Volume Chevrolet
So how much can a Silverado 2500 tow? As much as you could need. Try it for yourself at our Forsyth dealership by taking one of our trucks for a test drive. Our new vehicle specials can also help you get a great deal. Take a look at our new truck inventory here!
Learn More at Volume Chevrolet
Towing capacity is an important aspect of car shopping, especially when looking at SUVs. Many of our Griffin customers ask us “How much can a Chevy Traverse tow?”. We have the answer for you! The Chevy Traverse towing capacity is 5,000lbs. This is plenty of strength to haul a compact camper for an outdoor…
Many Griffin customers ask us “What is the bed size of a Chevy Silverado?” There are several different options for the 2022 model year, so you can choose the truck bed sizes that best suit your driving needs around McDonough and Forsyth. Explore the Silverado bed sizes and features at Volume Chevrolet, and visit our…
The maximum 2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity is 13,300 pounds when properly equipped. The hydroformed and boxed high-strength steel frame, the array of powerful and torque-bound engines, and the advanced driver assistance systems all play a part when towing heavy loads with the Silverado. If you’re interested in the deeper details of the…